I’ve decided to step up my baking game. & my gains game.. To accomplish both, I’m on a mission to incorporate more high-protein baked goods into my life. So here’s my first round of ~protein baking~ that doesn’t involve pancakes!!
*if you are allergic to almonds, this is not the post for you… almonds galore here, people*
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein (or whatever flavor you see fit)
- 2/3 cup crushed almonds
- 2/3 cup cashews
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 2 whole eggs
Steps to Awesomeness:
- Pre-heat your oven to 350, line your baking pan/try of choice with parchment paper.
- Melt the coconut oil until it’s soft, or complete liquid.. I did the latter.
- Combine melted coconut oil with almond butter & mix away! Simultaneously (not rlly) whisk the eggs in a separate bowl.
- Add the eggs and agave to your butter bowl.
- Add almonds to the mix & fold them in until the consistency becomes thicker. Now’s your time to add protein powder if you so choose!
- Chop up your chocolate & cashews, mix them into your batter. Now would be a good time to add any additional fillings if you wish to. If the mixture seems too dry, pour a splash of almond milk in.
- Pour your deliciousness into your baking vehicle (???) & set the oven timer to 20 mins. You may need to check them after this time & make sure the middle isn’t still totally raw.
- ENJOI!!!! …..once they have cooled down
- 260 calories
- 20g fat- 5g saturated, 2g polyunsaturated, 5g monounsaturated
- 12g carbs- 4g fiber, 5g sugar
- 10g protein
- + iron, vitamin B, vitamin E, copper, ribo~flavin~, & LOADS of other vitamins & minerals